MasterDoc, Doctor
Experience:  20 years of experience as an Emergency Physician; board certified in Emergency Medicine

birth control pill..before my period starts..pregnant

hello,my name is Diana,first time i start birth control pill loestrin24fe 25.5.2009 before my period starts. usually i never late and i am not pregnant.i was expect my period 26.5.2009 but still i am worry about i didnt wait for my period and started pill.what can happens to me?
Category: Medical
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 7 years ago.
I'm sorry. Your question is not clear. Let me try to understand. You started your birth control on may 25 without waiting for your period to start first, even though you had been told to wait. Your period was due on the 26th and didn't come. You are CERTAIN you couldn't be pregnant. Is that all correct?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
yes this is correct
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 7 years ago.
The hormones in the pills are causing the delay in your period. You should continue to take them on a regular schedule as prescribed. Because you didn't wait for your period you may get irregular bleeding at any time this month. Also, because of the way you started them, you cannot depend totally on the pill for birth control unil you have taken 7 pills.
Please click ACCEPT.
Feel free to ask a follow-up question.
And a BONUS is always appreciated.