MasterDoc, Doctor
Experience:  20 years of experience as an Emergency Physician; board certified in Emergency Medicine

Hi, I have a questions about my birth control pill Alesse.

Hi, I have a questions about my birth control pill Alesse. I have been on it for 5 months now and it always happens that I have one month where my period begins as soon as I finish the active pills and the next month it begins about a week early. Is this a problem? Should I consider a higher dosage and am I still protected when I don't have my period on the non-active pills since I had my period a week ago on the active ones?
Thank you for your time
You are definitely still protected throughout your cycle as long as you continue to take the pills regularly, even if you get your period early every other month. Although there is no medical reason why this represents a problem, a change in pill brand to a higher dose pill might help. But if you are happy with the Alesse otherwise I don't see why you would bother.
Please click ACCEPT.
Feel free to ask a follow-up question.
ANd a BONUS is always appreciated.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Oh ok thank you for the help, but if I have already had my period during the active pills won't I ovulate during the 7 days I am on the green non-acive pills when I am suppose to normally have my period? Because I am very happy with Alesse this is the only problem I have been having and I just need to make sure I am protected.
The precise timing of your period does not determine the protection the pills provide. You are protected.
Please click ACCEPT>
And a BONUS is always appreciated.