MasterDoc
MasterDoc, Doctor
Experience:  20 years of experience as an Emergency Physician; board certified in Emergency Medicine
3119816

36 year old male and sexually active..lower groin pain, it was not bad

I am 36 year old male and sexually active. 5 days ago(Tuesday)I woke experiencing lower groin pain, it was not bad and went away a few hours.I thought no more about it, no other symptoms where apparent. On Saturday I went for a drink, I was in a rush and consumed within 30 minutes 1 pint of lager, and 2 cocktails and proceeded on with my evening at the cinema, about 45 minutes into the film I starting receiving the same pains I had on Tuesday morning, a dull ache in my lower groin and an intense urge to urinate, once I had visited the men’s room within 10 minutes I needed to pass water again, I braved it till the end of the film then relieved myself however the pain in my lower groin became worse, I did go to the toilet a few more times then slept. The next day I couldn’t stop passing water, I must have gone about 40 times, the pain remained throughout the day, which also included nausea. The pain is now gone but a slight stinging/Discomfort remains when passing water?
Category: Medical
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 5 years ago.
Could you more precisely define where the pain was; what do you mean by "lower groin"?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My pain was below my waist line, what I thought was my front upper groin area, I have looked on a body map and would say the pain was coming from "the Rectus abdomininas area"and or"abdominal transversals area". Its like that pain you get from your lower intestine when you need to pass water but you can not for some time after you need to go. Also to add to my prevous statement, 2 days before this all started I had gone out with some friends on a good nite out and drank heavey, this is not my normal pattern, I do not drink as a rule, the last time I had a drink before this was xmas 2008.
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 5 years ago.

THere are MULTIPLE possible causes for this pain. A kidney stone (or rather kidney gravel, a number of very small stones) could be the cause. Recent alcohol consumption by history is consistant with this. A bladder infection of some kind is another possibility, as is a prostate infection. The only way to really know would be medical tests when you are getting the pain.

Feel free to ask a follow-up question.

ANd a BONUS is always appreciated.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I see, I may need to just post one last concern with you, as my pain has gone but the slight discomfort when passing water remains, although this does go by drinking lots of water and is slight discomfort only(it just dosnt feel right but is not there all the time, the saturday I originally went out before any symptoms, I did have unprotected sex with a female, can not remember much about it but I know it did happen, the pains started tuesdays as explained, do you think in your opiniun I could have contracted a STD and this could be the underlining reason for my problem.? I have had suffered from NSU and a few nastys before in my 20s however would have though 2 days woulld be to soon to show anty signs of a STD.?
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 5 years ago.

Two days would be early to show signs of an STD but not impossible. Even more reason why testing is needed!

And a BONUS is always appreciated.

MasterDoc, Doctor
Experience: 20 years of experience as an Emergency Physician; board certified in Emergency Medicine