MasterDoc, Doctor
Experience:  20 years of experience as an Emergency Physician; board certified in Emergency Medicine

I have just fallen and hit my head on the corner of a piece

I have just fallen and hit my head on the corner of a piece of wooden furniture. I hit my temple and immediatley a swelling occurred of about an inch in diameter with a dented cross section showing where I hit the cabinet. It was very painful for about ten minutes but has now eased a little. I have no other symptons. Am I correct in assuming that I need do nothing but stay inactive for a few days and report any changes in my condition if they occur. I feel okay now, just a bit shocked by the incident.
Category: Medical
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 7 years ago.
Are you 100% sure you did not lose consciousness, even for a few seconds? How old are you? Do you take ANY medication or pills?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No I did not lose consciousness at all.
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 7 years ago.
See my other questions above please and answer them.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am 64 years of age and only take HRT
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 7 years ago.
In the absence of ANY loss of consciousness or any symptoms of a serious head injury, a trip to the emergency department would probably not get any results other than "head trauma instructions". However that does NOT mean that nothing horrible could happen, just that it is unlikely. Here is a link that describes them in detail. Note that it requires someone to be with you for the next 24 hours.
See especially under "monitoring your condition..."
Please click ACCEPT.
Feel free to ask a follow-up question.
And a BONUS is always appreciated.