Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Does how many soma show up in a drug urine test

I had more soma then prescribed when I took a drug test today, I take hydrocodone but I take less then prescribed on that. I was worried about the amount of soma in my system, was my first drug test ever taken. He is taking test because of narcotic which I do not abuse, but I do take more soma then prescribed.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Family Physician replied 5 years ago.
While exceptionally high levels of a particular drug or drug metabolite (breakdown product) may suggest higher than typical dosing, there is no direct correlation between dose and concentration in urine since the concentration of the drug in urine depends in large part on the amount of fluids consumed and the time since ingestion of the drug.
Family Physician, Doctor
Experience: Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I had taken several during the day before I saw my doctor(soma) but the drug test was mandatory because I take hydrocodone 10/500. I know it is foolish to have taken so much soma, but did not count on having to take a drug tox screen for narcotics. My main concern was if the soma would cause me to lose my prescription for my norco, I only take two of those a day so that would not have been a problem in drug test. I am not familiar with drug testing and was wondering the out come of it. Thank you.
While I can't be certain that the doctor would not stop your Norco based on a high level of Soma, but in generaly, it is very difficult to determine the exact amount being taken.

I should stress to you that Soma does have significant risk of addiction. This is a medication I do NOT use on patients for this reason. If you continue to abuse this medication (take more than directed), it can lead to further health problems and eventually your doctor may stop prescribing this medication (and possibly other medications)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you so very much. Darlene