Dr Bhumika
Dr Bhumika, Doctor
Experience:  MD Pulmonology/Medicine Asthma, Allergy, 6+ years of experience in medicine and family health issues
14756658

what would cause muscle spasms all over my body so severe when

Customer Question

what would cause muscle spasms all over my body so severe when I tried to get out of bed I fell in the floor & now I feel generally bad.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Bhumika replied 5 years ago.

What is your age? Are you on any medications?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My age is 77 I take

diovan 160 mg, omaprazole, dyclamine gabapentin 1000mg vit D, Potassium 1000 over the counter digestive advantage sustenex for probiotic vitamin all purpose vitamin resvertrol

There can be many possible reasons for the symptoms that you mention. Some of them may include:
1. anemia
2. nutritional disorders
3. hormonal imbalances
4. fluid and body salt deficiencies
5. low grade infections

The symptoms you mention could also be due to low iron or low thyroid levels. You could get a thyroid function test and hormone levels to rule out a adrenal dysfunction.

Anemia is caused by low levels of iron in blood. There are also many other causes of anemia. If you have pale skin and nails which are not pink in color, you may have anemia

Nutritional disorders include, vitamin and mineral deficeincies,and most of them can be taken care of with a balanced diet and taking supplements if required.

Hormonal imbalances particularly thyroid ds - which would need to be investigated further and is treatable once diagnosed.

Fluid and salt disturbances would respond to taking at least 1.5 to 2 litres of water everyday and adequate salt and sugars in your daily diet.

Low grade infections of blood or intestines would present with mild weakness. It may help to take a de-worming course - which is a single tablet.

Avoid stress and take some over the counter pain relief medications - your symptoms should subside.

It would help to get an ECHO done.

I have tried to give an extensive answer, however please let me know if you need any other information.

Please click - ACCEPT if you find this helpful so that i get paid for my work and the deposit you have made is released. A bonus would be appreciated.

Best regards.
Dr Bhumika, Doctor
Experience: MD Pulmonology/Medicine Asthma, Allergy, 6+ years of experience in medicine and family health issues
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Maybe I will try drinking more water. I forgot to mention I have fibromyalsia GERD & some arthritis osteo.

All the three condition would in fact incraese your symptoms.

I hope you are on regular follow up and medications for them.

Regards.
<p>Hi, <br /><br />There can be many possible reasons for the symptoms that you mention. Some of them may include: <br />1. anemia <br />2. nutritional disorders <br />3. hormonal imbalances <br />4. fluid and body salt deficiencies <br />5. low grade infections <br /><br />The symptoms you mention could also be due to low iron or low thyroid levels. You could get a thyroid function test and hormone levels to rule out a adrenal dysfunction. <br /><br />Anemia is caused by low levels of iron in blood. There are also many other causes of anemia. If you have pale skin and nails which are not pink in color, you may have anemia <br /><br />Nutritional disorders include, vitamin and mineral deficeincies,and most of them can be taken care of with a balanced diet and taking supplements if required. <br /><br />Hormonal imbalances particularly thyroid ds - which would need to be investigated further and is treatable once diagnosed. <br /><br />Fluid and salt disturbances would respond to taking at least 1.5 to 2 litres of water everyday and adequate salt and sugars in your daily diet. <br /><br />Low grade infections of blood or intestines would present with mild weakness. It may help to take a de-worming course - which is a single tablet. <br /><br /><br />Avoid stress and take some over the counter pain relief medications - your symptoms should subside. <br /><br />It would help to get an ECHO, blood tests , CT scan done. <br /><br />I have tried to give an extensive answer, however please let me know if you need any other information. <br /><br />Please click - ACCEPT if you find this helpful so that i get paid for my work and the deposit you have made is released. A bonus would be appreciated. <br /><br />Best regards. </p>