TheGermDoctor
TheGermDoctor, Doctor
Experience:  17 years as a physician, Board Certified in both Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases
13956133

I have one 2cm red round lesion on my lower leg . Looks

I have one 2cm red round lesion on my lower leg . Looks like ringworm but isn't infectious. It has a raised outer edge, isn't itchy or sore....can you help?

Why do you say it "isn't infectious"?

How long has it been there?

Are you on any medications? have you tried any treatments for it?

Any underlying health problems?

Can you take a picture of it and upload it here- using the tree icon in the tool bar.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I don't think it is infectious (maybe I should have said contagious?) as I only have one on the outside of my lower leg and it hasn't spread anywhere else!.

I have had it for about 2+ months now and it has got a little bigger.

I looked at pictures on the net and it looks a bit like ringworm. It is a bulleye wheal and almost perfectly round , darker on the inside and has a raised rim on the outside.

I am not not any medication and only take painkillers when I have a headache(sometimes bad!!) and have also taken Mybulon(I think it is the generic for Myprodol)

I am a 56 year old female fairly fit and in good health...in fact I never need to go to the doctor!! I do take vitamins (Staminagro) every day and am a vegetarian!

Thank you for replying and looking forward to hearing from you

.S.

I cannot upload a photo at the moment but maybe when my daughter is home will ask her...sorry!

Oh forgot to say i am from South Africa!!

Solitaire-

Thank you for the additional details.

If your daughter can take the picture, obviously that would help a lot- otherwise to some degree I am guessing...

But, from your description it still does sound most like ringworm- If you have not even tried an over the counter antifungal cream- that would be my first thought- I do not know what is available OTC in S Africa- but any pharmacy should be able to supply topical antifungal creams like clotrimazole or terbinafine - and use as directed for 10-14 days.

Less likely thoughts, that can look like your description include a rash from Lyme disease, lupus, or even leprosy.

Without examining you I would say to try the antifungal- If that does not clear it up, the next step truly would be to see a doctor in person- possibly for a biopsy if the clinical diagnosis remains unclear.

Good luck.

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.

If I have answered your question, please click the ACCEPT button so I can get credit for my work.

POSITIVE feedback & a BONUS are warmly appreciated.
Please note that answers are for information only, do not take the place of an assessment by your doctor,
and does not establish a patient-physician relationship.