Louise Sivak, M.D.
Louise Sivak, M.D., Doctor
Experience:  Pediatrician, Board-certified in Hematology/Oncology

my monocytes absolute was 175 what does this mean Please

my monocytes absolute was 175 what does this mean? Please help
Category: Medical
Expert:  Louise Sivak, M.D. replied 7 years ago.

Why was a CBC test done in the first place? Do you have any symptoms your're concerned about? What was the remainder of the CBC test?
Thank you.

Louise Sivak, M.D.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It was my annual blood work. the remainder cbc were all within range. Total lymphocytes..28.0, total neutrophils..65.0, monocytes 3.8, eosinophils 2.8, basophils.0.4,neutrophils absolute 2990, lymhocytes absolute 1288, eeosinophils absolute 129, basophils absolute 18, and monocytes absolute...low wbc was 4.6, rbc 4.09, hemoglobin 12.8 I have been having burning and bubbling to the right of my stomach under my right breast bone. I also had a gall bladder sonogram that was normal. I have been taking nexium for the past 4 weeks it helps a little...i have made an appointment for a gastro doc. I also took a colonoscopy, found a small polyp non cancerous.

Thank you for the helpful additional information. BotXXXXX XXXXXne, I am not concerned.

The normal abs mono count is 300-700 and the monocyte number goes up and down in the body as the immune system responds to viruses we come into contact with. Nothing about your CBC concerns me for leukemia or any other disease!.

If you are worried, I think it is medically not necessary but reasonable to have your doctor recheck your CBC in 2-4 weeks to reassure you that all is normal.

Louise Sivak, M.D.