Dr.Saurabh Joshi
Dr.Saurabh Joshi, Doctor
Experience:  Physician,Neuro and Vascular Interventional Radiologist

my right knee has a feeling of pressure inside of it there

my right knee has a feeling of pressure inside of it there is no real pain other than a bit of discomfort especially after a run i recently ran a 10k and it felt tight internally almost swollen internally doesnt hurt to walk or to go upstairs but when i go downstairs is when i experience the most discomfort any ideas as to what may be the problem? thank you

Since when do you have this symptom /

Have you had any tests ?

Are you on any medicines ?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
symptom started about a 2 months ago/I havent had any tests and currently take no medications
How old are you ?

Have you had a fall / twisted your knee ?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
39 no falls/dont recall twisting my knee/the right knee has a dull ache to it when i bend it fully is when i feel the most discomfort

I think this can be the beginning of Osteo - Arthritis, and can be brought on by long term exercise / stress caused by the 10k run.

I would advise seeing a doctor and getting an X ray of your knee, that would help confirm the diagnosis.

Pain medications and exercise will help you.

If the X ray is clear then soft tissue injury like a ligamental / meniscal tear needs to be considered, this can be picked up on a MRI of your knee.

Kind Regards, XXXXX XXXXX click *** ACCEPT *** if you are satisfied, otherwise I do not get paid for my work and JustAnswer holds your Deposit.