Dr. Salar
Dr. Salar, Doctor
Experience:  Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine

What causes a feeling of my insides burning from the inside

What causes a feeling of my insides burning from the inside out deep inside the center of my lower abdomen? I am an adult female.
well severalcauses inclduing UTI, inflammatory bopwel disease with ulcers, problems with pancreas and pelvic inflammatoryt disease. you should see a doctor for confirmation .meanwhiler you can take prilosec OTC and avoid spicy/ fried food.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have acid reflux and I know what this feels like. That is not what it feels like. This pain comes and goes every 3 to 5 months and every time it comes it is so severe I feel like I am literally about to die. I break out in sweats and am nauseated. I can't move because the pain is so bad. I have diarhea every time I go through this and it is the only thing that can releive it. It starts very quickly and is very debilitating. When I go through this I can't talk. I was turned away by the hospital on Monday night. It takes about 3 days to up to 2 weeks before the pain completely goes away before it comes back the next time.
it sounds like inflammatory bowel disease like crohns or ulcerative colitis as i mentioned. you need to see a stomach doctor for colonoscope n biopsies to identify this. these diseases are known to have exacerbation like yours and require treatment. you would neeed a ct abdomen to begin with.