Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

what is fibroglandular, parenchyma

what is fibroglandular, parenchyma
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. This is related to breast question?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

my daughter is 35 years old ,she went to have a mammogram done and they found a fibroglandular on one of the breast, they said that it has a probabilty of being a begnine tumor ,they also say that is on stage 3 they also say the words" retroareolar region " what does that means? i also want to know if this is some kind of tumor, and if is bad or benigne if you want to talk to me by phone my # XXXXX thank you for your help, we need some answer we are very worried

Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. I would say with assurance that if it is fibroglandular or fibroadenoma then it is benign and nothing to worry about that. It is the most common benign tumor of the breast in young females. Retroareolar means means behind the areolar region of the breast. Fibroglandular tumors often stop growing or even shrink on their own without any treatment. In these cases, doctors may recommend not having the tumors removed. But I would say it is very important to confirm this with the help of Fine needle aspiration cytology (FNAC). Biopsy results are very important. Dont worry because fibroglandular tumor is totally benign and I have never seen in my practise of this tumor turning into cancer.

Best wishes
Regards XXXXX XXXXX in touch
Dr. Amir Javed