DrHedgehog, Doctor
Experience:  Yale Medical School, American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine

My left side of my face wll get red, hot, painful, the red

My left side of my face wll get red, hot, painful, the red runs down my left arm also to my elbow an is hot started about 3yrs. ago and cont. get worse it hppens bout every nigh lasting 2-4 hrs.the red looks like tiny veins under the skin. after the pain and heat leaves the red marks stay, my arm is spotted and my face is partially red. oh, my palms of myhandshavebeen red for 20 yrs andit is starting to come around te front and onto my fingers.I have had liver fnction test, adrenal gland test andsome ohrtest for flushing to see if I have tumors. teyare all neg. No one can tell me what is wrong. I had cervical spine fusion 2 levels 2 yrs ago. My tonguen mouth(jaw) have involuntatary movement. watshould I do? I can not ake th pain any more.

i read your question. it sounds like you are having some kind of nerve dysfunction in your arm and face which is causing the pain and the inappropriate vasomotor response (flushing).

one diagnosis which comes to mind is Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD)- a clinical syndrome of variable course and unknown cause characterized by pain, swelling, and vasomotor dysfunction of an extremity

if you haven't seen a neurologist, i would recommend that you do so- particularly one that is affiliated with a university- they have access to the most up to date equipment and technologies. they will also give you guidance as to how to manage the pain.

good luck

press the green accept button if you found this useful