Dr. Salar
Dr. Salar, Doctor
Experience:  Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine

I had a lexi scan today.. I think that is what it is called.

Customer Question

I had a lexi scan today.. I think that is what it is called. They injected something in my arm which made my heart rate go way up.. I had to wait an hour and eat and drink, then go back and get pictures of my heart. I have to go back for the second part tomorrow. My question is... How good is this test @ finding heart disease or clogged arteries?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Salar replied 7 years ago.
this is a very good test to evaluate condition of the heart at rest and during stress/ extra work. it basically measures the ability of the heart to coup up with the stress and also evaluate the blood supply. very unlikely to miss significant heart disease with this.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
could you tell me what the benefits, if any, there are when comparing this tests to a stress echo?
Expert:  Dr. Salar replied 7 years ago.
stress echo does basically the same thing.. look at heart during rest and stress.. measuring its functional ability and look for wall motion dysfunction. stress echo does not take nuclear images of the tissue of the heart and does not help identify individual areas of dysfunction and ischemia. nuclear images help identify problem with heart tissue at rest and during exercise.