Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing

I have a white spot on the end of my right nipple . I think

I have a white spot on the end of my right nipple . I think its just an every day spot but its been there for about two weeks at least when I noticed the spot . Is it just a spot ? I didnt think you could get spots on the very end of your nipple . Should I be worried. I am male my age is 47.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 7 years ago.
Any pain or redness?
Is anything expressed with squeezing the nipple?
Any other medical problems?
recent weight gain or loss?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have no pain or redness . Every thing looks and feels normal except for the spot.

I have no medical problems

I have put on weight . I am about 5foot 8inches tall and weight abut 85 kg or about 13 stone

does any material come out when you squeeze the nipple?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

SORRY I forgot to answer that one

I have only once or twice tried to squeeze the spot but then thought better of trying to burst the spot so no there seems to be no leakage or material coming from the spot at this time barring in mind I havent burst the spot.

Well, the most common cause of having a whitish spot on your nipple would be a plug duct. Even though men do not lactate (usually), the nipple still has glands which can get clogged with material. Sometimes this can get inflammed. But the material (sebacious) has a whitish color.
You can apply warm compresses to get it to drain. Other than that, just keep an eye on it and it will likely resolve. If it gets larger, red, painful or itchy, I would follow up with your doctor to get it looked at. While very rare, breast cancer in men should always be entertained.

best wishes

press the green accept button if this was helpful

press the green accept