DrKnowsBest
DrKnowsBest, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician with extra cert in peds and womens health
9384716

I have pimple like bumps on my arms all the time and they refuse

I have pimple like bumps on my arms all the time and they refuse to heal. What could it be? Plus, if this is related, I have red, scaly,itchy red places on the inside of my fingers.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrKnowsBest replied 8 years ago.
Hello Customer!
These may both be a sign of eczema or atopic dermatitis. The finger rash sounds more typical. If there is no broken skin try taking claritin over the counter and applying cortisone cream to them twice a day.
If no change then see your dr for something stronger in the form of a steroid cream.
The other possibility for the rash that is more "pimple" like is molluscum. This is a viral rash and usually goes away on its own over 6-12 weeks. If it has been longer then your dr can freeze them off. Try the above first to see if it responds. If it worsens with the cortisone stop it here and continue on the fingers.
Good Luck
Hope this helps!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The pimples on my lower arms are not rashy. They are more like just pimples that won't go away.
And the scaly red rash is itchy and will not go away no matter what I do. I wash my hands with soap and moisturize. I also put neosporin on them. I have a bad habit of picking it and that makes it worse. It's really red. Sometimes it gets so itchy, the itch will not go away and I scratch and scratch until the skin is broken.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The pimples on my lower arms are not rashy. They are more like just pimples that won't go away. And the scaly red rash is itchy and will not go away no matter what I do. I wash my hands with soap and moisturize. I also put neosporin on them. I have a bad habit of picking it and that makes it worse. It's really red. Sometimes it gets so itchy, the itch will not go away and I scratch and scratch until the skin is broken.
Still try the cortisone on the fingers. The pimple like rash may be more of a folliculitis if it is not the molluscum I mentioned. Your regular dr should be able to look at it and determine which. Follicultis sometimes needs oral antibiotics to clear and the neosporin is not usually enough.