Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

Is there a virus out right now that makes you feel weak and

Customer Question

Is there a virus out right now that makes you feel weak and tired?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 7 years ago.
Do you have any other symptoms?

Age?
Sex?
Medications?
Medical history?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I am 52, female, donivan for high blood pressure which is 101/79. I just had full physical in February and I am fine.

Other symptoms are exhaustion when walking from room to the other, heart will beat fast. When I stop to rest, i start to feel better.

My legs and arms feel heavy and my neck is a little stiff.

Hmm.
I understand. Well, it is possible that this is from a virus, but your symptoms are really nonspecific. Like almost ANY virus can make people feel weak and tired, particularly in the 'prodromal' stage- before someone develops runny nose, cough, etc... That being said, you could also have something else going on- you may be anemic, have low thyroid or other electrolyte issues. I am also concerned about your exhaustion when walking from room to room and your heart racing. You are too young for these symptoms. I would suggest that you go back to your regular doctor asap and get another examination and blood work including CBC, Chem 7, BNP, thyroid and another EKG. If you have any chest pain or shortness of breath, you need to seek medical care right away.

best wishes

press the green accept button if this was helpful