Dr .Saha
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  30 years experience as doctor

On saturday i heard a crack sound from my lower back wih pain

On saturday i heard a crack sound from my lower back wih pain from hat region. It has been 2 days am i am still in pain along with pain in my legs when i move around to much. it hurts to sit, lay down and walk. any suggestions what it could be?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 5 years ago.

Do you have any tenderness?

Did you have any treatment?

Did you have any other symptom or previous illness?

What is your age & sex?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I dont have any tenderness in the area, i havent had any treatment due to the long weekend no doctor surgery being open. I have been to a physio previously for my upper back and have been given exercises to loosen those muscles. (mainly due to work). I am 27 year old female.
Expert:  Dr .Saha replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the information,

The pain in the back is often found in young people whose work involves physical effort.

In some cases it can be due to weakness of muscles of the back.

Regular exercise to strengthen the back muscles often help.

In other cases it can be due to slipped disc, osteoporosis, any deformity of spine , infection or growth.

The pain which is going down the leg can be due to pinching of the nerve at the spine.

This can be caused by slipping of disc & pressing on the neve.

An examination by doctor is necessary.

X rays / scan can be needed too.

Till you see doctor try to keep it at rest.

You can apply ice for 10 -15 min wrapped in towel keeping off in between to get the the temperature to normal.

You can also take antiinflammatory analgesics like motrin or aleve after food to reduce the pain.

I hope this information will help.

Please ask if you need any clarification.

Best wishes.
Dr .Saha, Doctor(MD)
Experience: 30 years experience as doctor