Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
13024878

What are the different types of IV Iron Infusions and the side

What are the different types of IV Iron Infusions and the side effects of each.

Thank you for your question.

I assume you have a condition that does not make taking oral iron possible. Many people take intravenous or parenteral iron for different disorders such as chronic blood loss or end-stage renal disease. There are some side effects and some differences in the preparations. I have the perfect website for you to look at each of the preparations and the side effects that are associated with them.

http://www.thedrugmonitor.com/iron.html

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for educational purposes only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor or establish a doctor patient relationship.

She should tell this to work Dr. and he may want to use a different preparation of iron. I do not think it would hurt her to take Tylenol prior to the medication.