Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

I have had shin splints for two years. Only hurt when I try

I have had shin splints for two years. Only hurt when I try to do my evening walks ( does not hurt when I walk any other places). I walk on sidewalks and in the street. Was able to do 3 to 4 miles a night before I had two foot surgeries. Have been to physical therapy and have be doing their stretches but not working. Have not tried to take any medicine. Did not know if I should see a doctor and what type of doctor would I go to. ehyghaoghopQWnjha
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Cameron replied 7 years ago.
Hi
I would go see a physician since this appears to be affecting your quality of life. The physician to see would be an orthopedic surgeon. It is possible that since you have had your foot surgeries, your distribution of weight has changed, causing you to favor part of your body and put undue stress on the other parts.
You might need to xrays to make sure everything is alright.
As well, they would be able to provide some invaluable reassurance and guidance for proper rehabilitation.

Press the green accept button if this was helpful