How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TheGermDoctor Your Own Question
TheGermDoctor, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 1664
Experience:  17 years as a physician, Board Certified in both Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases
Type Your Medical Question Here...
TheGermDoctor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

what happens if you drink mold. I was served some in ice tea

This answer was rated:

i had this 4 days ago felt tried and drained at the end of the day for the last couple of days and had and eye infection. I think that was from wearing my contacts to long. could this hurt me.. the mold I mean

What do you mean you were served mold in your tea?

How do you know that?

and why is this related to your eyes?


Are your eyes red? any drainage or pain?

Please try to clarify your question

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i didn't know it had mold. My husband just poured me a glass from the arizonia ice tea on the counter. then thursday i realized it had mold in it. he didn't notice when he poured it. my eyes have all of the above. I went to the doctor for it. have drops but i didn't know about the mold at the time. i am not sure if the mold has anything to do with it. I have been tired and just drained at the end of the day. but i don't know if the mold could cause that. it may not have caused any thing I don't know. could it have caused me to have been sick. I really was not feeling well and i can't explain it just totally wiped out by the end of the day

So how do you know it had mold afterwords, if you didn't know it did before? this honestly seems quite unlikely that you had a significant of mold that you drank.


As for your eyes- it does sound like you may indeed have an infection - but without examining you it is hard for me to know if this is a conjunctivitis, or more within the eyes like a keratitis- which certainly can be from contacts. Keratitis is very serious and can be sight threatening if not treated properly by an ophthalmologist.

Either way, your eyes are almost certainly not at all related to your belief you swallowed a mold...

As well, I suspect your fatigue is a separate nonspecific issue.


Good luck.


Always ask if you need clarification/more information.

If I have answered your question, please click the ACCEPT button so I can get credit for my work.
POSITIVE feedback & a BONUS are warmly appreciated.
Please note that answers are for information only, do not take the place of an assessment by your doctor,
and does not establish a patient-physician relationship.

TheGermDoctor and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you

Related Medical Questions