Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

my 6.5 year old daughter complains of chest pain after she

my 6.5 year old daughter complains of chest pain after she runs around a lot. i've seen this happen now a bunch of times over the past year and a half or more. she'll stop activity that she's really enjoying to recover; heart beating very fast and hand on it. how much should i worry/seek treatment?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 7 years ago.
This probably means nothing at all as active children are bound to get tired and the pain in the chest is more likely to be from the lungs and diaphragm which gets tired with the overwork of breathing rapidly.

Pain in the chest is not usually a symptom of children with heart diseases.

The heart beating very fast is of course perfectly normal after a period of play.

So I do not think you need to worry about this.

But still, you must get this checked up. You should discuss this with your pediatrician at the next appointment so that he/she does a clinical examination. Although I feel that it very likely does not mean anything at all, still it needs to be checked up clinically.

I hope my answer has helped you. Please click on the green 'accept' button below for accepting this answer. Feedback/Bonus will be appreciated.