Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.

can vitamins or advil affect your blood test. The alkaline

can vitamins or advil affect your blood test. The alkaline phosphatase isoenzymes were a little out of range?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

I do not know what vitamins you are taking but be that as it may it would be extremely unlikely that Advil or vitamins are causing an elevation of your alk. phosphatase. Alkaline phosphatase may be coming from the liver or it may be coming from the bone. There is a simple test called GGT that your doctor can order in order to tell whether it is coming from the liver or from the bone.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.