Internist
Internist, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Int. Med., Gastroenterology. Fellow American College of Physicians. Trained, located in the U.S.
13024878

how do I get rid of phleboliths

Customer Question

how do I get rid of phleboliths
Category: Medical
Expert:  Internist replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for your question.

A phlebolith is a small calcified portion of a vein usually in the pelvis. The only way to get rid of these would be by surgery. There is no way to dissolve a calcified nodule in the vein. Surgery would not be an appropriate risk to take to remove this benign condition.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor. .

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i have many phleboliths(to many to count) in my lower leg and want to know what i can do for this
Expert:  Internist replied 8 years ago.
You may want to consult wuth a vascular surgeon and if they are in only one or two veins it may be possible to do a vein stripping to take care of all three calcifications at once.

*****Click ***** "ACCEPT" (GREEN) ***** or I do not get credit for my answer and Just Answer holds your deposit. Take a moment to leave a ***** POSITIVE ***** feedback which does not cost you anything. This response is for your information only and does not substitute for a visit to your doctor.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the answer was not what i was looking, what you told me i already knew. i have more than 30 phleboliths some are guite large and needed to know what to do to get rid of them.
Expert:  Internist replied 8 years ago.
What part of my answer did you not understand? You cannot get rid of phleboliths unless you have surgery. What would you like me to tell you?