Louise Sivak, M.D.
Louise Sivak, M.D., Doctor
Experience:  Pediatrician, Board-certified in Hematology/Oncology
16877601

I have been feeling very cold, and pain in my joints and bones,

Customer Question

I have been feeling very cold, and pain in my joints and bones, and my legs hurt as if extremely fatigued when I have not really been doing anything for them to feel tired. I am 28 years old
Category: Medical
Expert:  Louise Sivak, M.D. replied 7 years ago.

HelloCustomer

I need a bit more information, please, to try to answer your question.

Are you otherwise healthy? Do you have any other symptoms? How long have these issues been bothering you? What have you tried to help them?
Thank you.

Regards,

Louise Sivak, M.D.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I had my bottom 2 wisdom teeth removed 2 weeks ago, and I had some issues with that, but most of the pain from that is gone now. I think I'm healthy otherwise, I do get some joint pain from rheumatoid arthritis, but I have had this condition for a while. I have a history of anemia from when I was younger.

HelloCustomer

Thank you for the additional information.

First and most importantly, it is very critical that you inform your rheumatologist of these symptoms, as they can be from side effects of RA medications!

The concern I have putting together your symptoms is potential low thyroid (hypothyroidism) which in some people goes along with RA. I assume your doctor does blood tests regularly, so that should have been seen.

Please do contact your rheumatologist first, and go from there.

I hope this is helpful and you are feeling better very soon.

Regards,

Louise Sivak, M.D.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am not currently taking any medication for my RA. It is mild enough that I haven't sought any treatment for it ( lack of health insurance).

Thank you for letting me know.

Again, the only way I can put together your symptoms is possible hypothyroidism, which is something your doctor can test for with a blood test.