Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

I passed something worm-like in my stool. It did not look

I passed something "worm-like" in my stool. It did not look like a parasite but was solid, sort of mucus lining like? Is this something I should be checked for?
Thanks for your question. I would say yes you need complete examination and evaluation. The thing which you describe me can be a worm because most of the times it appears not be worm but during investigation found to be a parasite. There are other possibilities in which mucus can be present in stool like bacterial infections, inflammatory bowel disease, IBS and other colon disorders. I would suggest few tests for you.

stool analysis for culture ova and parasites
CBC (complete blood count)
Abdominal pelvic scan
ESR

These tests will help in establishing the cause and then treatment accordingly.
I would also recommend you to see Gastroenterologist for complete examination and evaluation to rule out any thing serious and for treatment. Maintain healthy weight and diet.
I can give you the possibilities only because exact diagnosis is not possible without examination.

Best of luck and keep in touch

Regards
Dr. Amir Javed