Dr.Saurabh Joshi
Dr.Saurabh Joshi, Doctor
Experience:  Physician,Neuro and Vascular Interventional Radiologist
8591189

My balance is off and I feel dizzy when walking, moving my

My balance is off and I feel dizzy when walking, moving my head or eyes too quickly. My head feel like it is heavy. I have a slight head ache. My blood pressure was 155/105 this morning at 9:55 I took my blood pressure medicine now it is 131/83. I had this same feeling about 2 weeks ago when I had the flue. I was on medication then and I just thought it was from the flue . My doctor even told me it was the flue making me feel dizzy. I am not sick now and I just woke up about 4:30 am feeling sick at my stomach but when I got up I was so off balance I could not walk with out holding on to the wall... When I got back into bed I was still spinning for a while. It was if my eyes were flipping. It is a very crazy feeling. As I said this is the 2nd time I have had this in 2 weeks.. Should I be concerned or just wait to go to the Doctor in the morning?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Saurabh Joshi replied 7 years ago.

Do you have diabetes ?

How old are you ?

Regards,

Dr.Joshi
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes my blood sugar after eating was 150
I am 61

This can be the flu that is making your dizzy.

If you feel worse / faint / have chest pains / your blood pressure falls / you feel a loss of power on one side of your body then you would need to go to the ER.

If you can manage with your medication and taking rest then you can see your doctor tomorrow.

Kind Regards,

Dr.Joshi

P.S. Please click *** ACCEPT *** if you are satisfied, otherwise I do not get paid for my work and JustAnswer holds your Deposit.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I had the flu about 2 weeks ago. I DO NOT feel sick or have a fever. I know what I felt like when I had the flue, but I do not have it now... I have been feeling great until this morning. If you do not know I understand but I know it is not the flu.
In that case, I would advise you to go to the ER and have yourself examined right away.

As a Loss of Balance can mean a stroke and with a history of diabetes and high blood pressure combined with your age, make a stroke a real possibility and needs to be ruled out.

Kind Regards,

Dr.Joshi

Please find more information here :

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/stroke/DS00150/DSECTION=symptoms