Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor
Experience:  Doctor ( General Medicine)
9385906

I am having throbbing pains on the right side of my head

I am a 28 year old white female who does not smoke, drink, do drugs, etc... Last night I started having a mild, quick throbbing feeling on the right side of my head. It only lasts for a second, but it happens several times a minute. It did not wake me up in the night, but any time I woke up I felt it. I am still having these same throbs this morning. I am wondering if these are symptoms of something serious or if it is something I don't need to worry about
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 5 years ago.

Hi there ,

Welcome to Just Answer !

--Will it be right if i say that you have been having mild throbbing right side headache since last night ? Is tis headache continuous since last night or was there a period of normalcy as well?

-- Do you wear spectacles ?

-- Have you been diagnosed with hypertension ( increase BP) previously ?

Regards..

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I would not say that it is a headache. It is more of a throb in one centralized location on the right side of my head. It only lasts for a second but occurs several times a minute.

I wear contacts.

I do not have high blood pressure.

Thanks for the reply .

Well, i believe once a while occurrence of a throb ,does not need to be taken that seriously and it raises no therapeutic concern , meaning that there is no need to consult a doctor for it. But , yes if this throb , persists continuously over the next 2-3 days , then you shall first get your eye power checked , there may be a change in your eyesight power , and also get your Blood pressure checked .

But , as of now you just have to wait and watch and try to concentrate on other things , try to engage in other work, as this will deviate your mind as well , and probably put your mind at ease . Also, take a good night sleep , do not overload your self with work for a few days , i am quite sure this is once a while kind of headache , so relax and do not take tension, this will go away.

I wish you best of health.

I hope my answer serves your query according to your satisfaction.

Please press the ACCEPT button , if you are satisfied with the answer , as only then i will be credited for my service.

Warm Regards..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay, so this throb in a central location of my head is not an indicator of any kind of brain problem that I should be worried about - clot, aneurysm, etc...
<p>No, not at all , rest assurred of that . Look you are a young individual with no history of hypertension and more importantly i assume you are healhy otherwise, with no addictive habits , so all things go against the diagnoses which you assume . This is a trivial problem , which occurs every now and then , to all of us , so no need to jump to any hasty concusions and just relax and do not dwell on it any further.</p><p> </p><p>I hope this answer helps you to allay your doubts.</p><p> </p><p>Please press the ACCEPT button if you are satisfied with the answer , as only then i will be credited for my service.</p><p> </p><p> Regards..</p>
Dr. Kaushik, Doctor
Experience: Doctor ( General Medicine)