Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.
12501846

Have back pain just under my shoulder blade on the right side.

Have back pain just under my shoulder blade on the right side. Could this be gas related? I seem to have a lot of gas and phlegm. It has been this way for 5 days.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 7 years ago.
Where exactly it hurts? Do you have pain in right upper abdomen? Any fever, jaundice or breathing difficulty, belching, regurgitation, or heart burn? Any other health issues?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It hurts in my upper back just under my right shoulder not my abdomen. No fever, belching or regurgitation or heart burn. I am an asthmatic but have no trouble breathing at present. Just this pain under my right shoulder blade in my back.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 7 years ago.
Is this pain radiating? Any pain by pressing in that area or right upper abdomen? Any difference with bending or body movements? Do you feel bloated, a lot of gas in stomach? What is your age and gender? Are you over weight?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am 63, 5'5", 150lbs. It does hurt when I bend or raise my right arm. Not radiating but in the same area under the shoulder blade. I have no pain anywhere on the front of my body but I seem not to be able to belch even when it feels like I should be.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 7 years ago.
Based on the information and description, your pain could be due to musculoskeletal problem or excessive gas. Although you do have some stomach gas, but still over all circumstances are in favor of musculoskeletal pain. You don't seem to have any other symptoms at this time. You can take pain meds and watch for new symptoms. If you find any thing new you can visit your doctor for evaluation.