Muddassir
Muddassir, Doctor
Experience:  Bachelor in Medicine and Surgery
16607035

My scrotum is covered with varicose veins. Recently, pinhead

My scrotum is covered with varicose veins. Recently, pinhead size black spots have appeared on the skin over veins. Two of these spots have burst and bled recently. The bleeding occurs spontaneously. Any ideas?

Thanks for your question.

Surface veins in the scrotum could undergo thrombosis (the pinhead size black spots) and then bleed.

Anyway I suggest you undergo a scrotal ultrasound to know the cause of the varicose veins in the scrotum.

Varicose veins in the scrotum could also be due to renal diseases. Hence you need to be evaluated by a physician to diagnose the cause of varicose veins.

Then after the investigations and depending on your age (as varicose veins have been implicated as a cause of infertility) it could be decided whether to treat the varicose veins conservatively or surgically.

This conversation is open till you are satisfied.

Always ask if you need clarification/more information.

If I have answered your question, please click the ACCEPT button so I can get credit for my work.

POSITIVE feedback & a BONUS are warmly appreciated.

Please do not accept unless you are 100% satisfied with the answer and feel you can leave positive feedback.

Please note that answers are for information only, do not take the place of an assessment by your doctor,
and does not establish a patient-physician relationship.