Dr. Salar
Dr. Salar, Doctor
Experience:  Diplomate American Board of Internal Medicine
11855647

My stomach hurts. When I swallow food, it hurts when it lands

My stomach hurts. When I swallow food, it hurts when it lands in my stomach.   Same when I drink anything. It's like I can feel it traveling down my tubes, til it lands with a heavy thud and pain. My throat feels constricted, too. I have been having acid reflux recently, so to take care of it I drink milk, eat regularly, and don't eat before bed. But it returns within hours, if not the next day. But when I eat or drink, as I said, it hurts when it lands. And when I'm not eating, it still hurts.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Salar replied 7 years ago.
you will need barium swallow and or scope by a stomach doctor for it. if you can feel the food /drink going down the food pipe it could be either esophagitis or diffuse esophageal spam. you can take prilosec OTC for it but definite diagnosis will require appoint with stomach doctor and a scope.