Dr Wu
Dr Wu, Doctor
Experience:  Board certified family physician, extensive experience in adult medicine, specalizes in geriatrics.

how do I get rid of a wart in between my toes

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Wu replied 7 years ago.

How large is the wart?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Quite big, about 12mm by 10mm but not very raised. It's in between my toes and I've been trying to get rid of it for months now. I use salicylic acid keep it covered with a plaster and occasionally trim away the dead skin but it won't go away. I even tried freezing it with spray bought at a chemist but that did not work either.
Expert:  Dr Wu replied 7 years ago.
Large warts like these may need to be surgically removed by a podiatrist. Before you go that route, give liquid nitrogen another try. The best way to do cryotherapy with liquid nitrogen is the following: spray on the wart until the wart turns white, wait 10 seconds, repeat, wait 10 seconds, repeat again( three times total). In one week, there should be some peeling. Be sure to protect the surrounding skin. We sometimes dip cotton swabs in the liquid and apply directly to the wart to avoid harming surrounding skin. If there is no response, then surgical removal is your best bet.