Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

Could you tell me what white staph infection is,i know about

Could you tell me what white staph infection is,i know about staph infections but i have never heard of white

I have read your question carefully. I would be very accurate and precise in answering you. There are many types of staphylococcus infection depending on the species of staph causing it. Staphylococcus albus is responsible for staphylococcus white infection. It is spherical bacteria and gram positive. It is found on the skin and arround on the joints. Majority is found on the skin and these bacteria are friendly and some time causes infection but not serious one. Best of luck.

Regards

Dr. Amir Javed

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
so are you saying white staph is easily treated and is not as serious as other staph infections,and would there be a hospital stay with white staph.thank you

Yes it can be easily treated and not as serious as other Staph infections. But it depends that what is the extent and severity of white infections which will be then helpful in making a decision for a hospital stay normally dont required unless if the infection become very severe. Because this staph albus bacteria always do sit on our skin without causing any harm but during injuries to the skin and sometimes after surgical operations like of the Joints the infection can also occur post-op. Best of luck

Regards

Dr. Amir Javed