Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

I have chest pains that feel like a pulled muscle but the pain

I have chest pains that feel like a pulled muscle but the pain has moved from the right side to the left side and I don't remember a specific time hurting my chest, could it be something else?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 7 years ago.

Please mention your age and gender. Can you exactly describe the part of the chest having pain? How is the intensity of pain? How do you get relief? Since how long? Any other symptom? Any past illness? Any test ? Any treatment taken?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
male 29 years old the pain right is lower left side of ribcage I have had discomfort for a week now and I had pain there 2 weeks ago but it went away my back gets sore as well I have been taking ibuprofen. I also am a painter and have been painting all week. Right now the pain is there all the time where the past couple of days its off and on
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the input. Please I need a little more information.

Does the pain goes to back? Is the pain constant? Is there any relation with food? Ibuprofen helped you?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
ibuprofen worked earlier in the week but is not really working now, the pain sometime goes to the back especially if I am laying down, I don't believe there is any relation with food although I get heartburn a lot but I usually keep that away with tums. I started using tagamet last week for heartburn but I stopped taking it a few days ago. The pain is constant right now and was through the night
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 7 years ago.
Thank you for the detail input.

The tenderness or pain in the right side of the abdomen can be from acid peptic disease, gall bladder disease, muscular pull etc. Sometimes pleural pain of the lung can be referred here. Muscle pull will not radiate to back. As you already have heart burn, you should not take ibuprofen which can precipitate the peptic ulcer. Usually gallbladder or peptic ulcer pain goes to back. Peptic ulcer pain can be felt in the left side too. Though unusual for your age, sometimes pain originating in the heart can go to back and felt any where in the chest. A physical examination by doctor is necessary to distinguish among them . You may need tests like EKG, ultrasonography, liver enzyme study etc. to confirm the diagnosis. When it is not improving or persisting, it will be prudent to take consultation with doctor asap.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your early recovery.
Any query, please ask.