Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

What causes mass swelling of the whole body, but more noticeable in hips, legs, and feet

Several months ago I began swelling in my legs and feet that has progressed to my whole body. This swelling nver goes away even with dieretics. It is actually a very painful squishy mass that leaves vey deep indentations in any area that has had any pressure to it for even a short period of time. The swelling makes walking, standing, and sometimes sitting very painful much less quite difficult. I know all this can not be water. If you can help me in anyway I would be eternally grateful.

Any other symptom? Any past illness? Any test ? Any treatment taken?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The only treatment was through medication. here are the ones given FUROSEMIDE 40MG, and OMEPRAZOLE 20MG. They did a electrocardiogram, and blood flow tests on my legs for blood clots and so far that has been the end of it.
Thank you for the input,

The swelling of the legs & feet is called edema & is due to collection of fluid. When it involves the whole body it is called anasarca. There are many causes of swollen feet. Sometimes it may occurs without any disease due to prolonged standing. Other causes may be the diseases of the heart, kidney, liver, lymphatic obstruction, venous insufficiency, low blood protein etc. You need a clinical examination by your doctor and do further investigations to determine the precise cause. Treatment will depend on the cause. Generally diuretics like furosemide are used. If it fails then other diuretics may be added. You need a review of your condtion.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your early recovery.
Any query, please ask.