Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.

Feel fine but constantly losing weight under 100 lbs now,

Customer Question

Feel fine but constantly losing weight under 100 lbs now, what can it be
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 7 years ago.
How much did you loose? In how many months? What is your age group and gender? Do you have any symptoms or health issues? have you been evaluated for it?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Female 50-60 yrs No health problems all blood work fine post menopause l,ve lost 80 lbs within a 5 yr period
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 7 years ago.
5 years is a very long window period! Did you recently notice rapid wt. loss? Do you have anorexia, family history of malignancy or thyroid problem? As you don't have any health issue, when was your last visit to your doctor?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Not rapid just slow progressive Just had thyroid check no problems. Last visit about two weeks ago.
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 7 years ago.
In the absence of any symptoms with negative test result and normal physical finding, your gradual wt. loss could be due to your dietary pattern. You can be benefited by visiting a dietitian, who may advise you on your regular diet. The next important things is to closely watch for new symptoms and your weight. If you start loosing rapidly or develop any symptoms, you will have to see your doctor for detail work up.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

To me this is not an answer, I eat more and more but nothing changes. I know there has to be a problem but no one seems to be able to help me. I'm sorry but I don't feel like I should hav to pay for no answer