Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

My left elbow is extremely sore. Touching where the bone is

My left elbow is extremely sore. Touching where the bone is hurts as well as straightening it. I have not hit it against anything. Should I ice it, restrict it, add a heating pad? I am already taking a small amount of ibuprofin.

Since how long? Any swelling , redness ? Which side is affected? pinky or thumb side? Any past illness?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
There is no swelling or redness. It has been bothering me for a few weeks but today is really hard to straighten my arm and even typing makes it hurt. Again, this is my elbow and not my wrist or hand. It is on the outside where the bone dens in a little. I have not had previous problems with my elbow. I have had surgery for carpel tunnel on my hand but nothing with the elbow. I hope this helps.
Thank you for the input,

The pain in the elbow with tenderness can be due to epicondylitis This can occur from the repititive or forceful use of the joint. This is also known as Golfer's elbow though not limited to them only. The other cause can be from the ulner nerve pinching . Examination by doctor is necessary for distinguishing them. Treatment will consist of rest , application of ice , analgesic like tylenol, motrin etc. Physical therapy is also used. In some cases corticosteroid injection is also neded.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your early recovery.
Any query, please ask.