Dr.Hanish Babu, MD
Dr.Hanish Babu, MD, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS; MD (Skin & Sexually Transmitted Diseases).

my nose continues to break out in spots. i dont have them anywhere

Customer Question

my nose continues to break out in spots. i dont have them anywhere else. is there anything i can treat/wash with to prevent these break outs?
Category: Medical
Expert:  MD replied 7 years ago.

Can you please provide more description of spots?

Are these like pimples or just discoloration spots?

Are these itchy?

Are there any scales on these spots?

Is there any redness or swelling when spots appear?

how often do you get these?

what makes these spots disappear?

Please provide more information.

Thank you

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
  1. Start off as red pimple that forms a white/cream head.
  2. no they dont really itch or feel uncomfortable
  3. no scales on the spots ~ just a white pussy head
  4. yes there is redness and swelling prior to a head forming
  5. continually ~ can have a clear nose for two weeks then out of nowhere there will be a break out
  6. They break out into a white pussy head which i squeeze to leave a red blood scab. this will then stay for several days until it flakes off with new skin coming through.

on a good day the nose can be clear of any blemishes. but then for no reason it can form a red pimple and then it will be blemished for several days with an embarresing red spot. i am now 44 and have suffered with this for as long as i can remember.

is there something i shoud be cleansing / washing with or anything else i should be doing or avoiding?

Expert:  MD replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for providing more information. I appreciate it. I have refered your question to one of our skin specialists. His name isXXXXX He will contact you with the answer as soon as he will be online.

I appreciate your patience.

Thank you

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

thank you for the up date.

i await the reply from your colleague.

Expert:  Dr.Hanish Babu, MD replied 7 years ago.
Thanks Dr.MZ for the referral. Sorry, due to the recent changes in the categories at justanswer, I had to wait a little longer to get in!Smile

Your description and history is in line with the diagnosis of Rosacea. In its milder forms, as in your case, there may be frequent recurrences with red acne like bumps on the nose or cheeks or on both, which are triggered by various reasons like, hot spicy food, stress, sun exposure, alcohol etc.

Treatment is avoidance of the triggers, regular use of sun protection creams and treatment with doxycycline or metronidazole cream.

Read more on How to Manage Rosacea.

If you need further clarification, please ask. __________________________________

My answer is for your personal information only. It should not be used as a substitute to visiting your doctor. No treatment should be tried without first consulting a doctor.

Dr.Hanish Babu, MD, Dermatologist
Experience: MBBS; MD (Skin & Sexually Transmitted Diseases).