Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Physician / Surgeon
Experience:  U.S. Surgeon / Neurological Surgery

I accidentally took my medicine twice this morning, 2 60mg

I accidentally took my medicine twice this morning, 2 60mg capsules of cymbalta, and 2 70mg capsules of vyvanse. is this enough for an overdoes?
Submitted: 7 years ago via Patientsville.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 7 years ago.
According to the medical data:

Signs of overdose with cymbalta:
lethargy, vomiting, seizures

have been reported at doses between 1000-3000mg. You took 120mg.

For overdose with vyvanse:
restlessness, tremor, confusion, panic, hallucinations, fever, nausea, and circulatory collapse.

symptoms can come with varied doses, and different people have different thresholds for symptoms -- it has not been studied above a dose of 70mg. So no one will be able to say if this could cause the symptoms above.

But of course, if you should start to have any symptoms, seeing a doctor immediately is advised. But you have taken relatively low doses, nonetheless, you need to be aware of the symptoms.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
albeit the fact that dosages above 70mg for vyvanse have not been studied, in comparison,

since nausea and vomiting are also side effects of cymbalta (of which i have experienced)

as well as restlessness and nausea with vyvanse...

if i experience those symtoms, should i still consult a doctor?
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 7 years ago.
It is always safer to let your doctor know if you are having symptoms -- since no one over the Internet can accurately diagnose anything.

But you could be having an adverse reaction to the medication (probably the vyvanse, rather than the cymbalta), because of the higher-than-normal dose. Your doctor would probably tell you not to take tomorrow's dose as well, and watch your symptoms. But again, please call your doctor should you have worsening symptoms.