Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

My eyes feel hot, as does my face

Customer Question

My eyes feel hot, as does my face , but it does seem to focus around the eyes and spread from there. It does not seem to ba anywhere else on the body. The only other symptom I seem to have is that I have a permanent feeling of pressure above behind the bridge of my nose between the eyes. Are their any indications to what this may be?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 8 years ago.

Your symptoms suggest a sinus infection. The permanent feeling of pressure behind the bridge of the nose is likely due to sinus . If you have not seen an ENT doctor then you can consult one. You can have a scan of the sinuses also.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your early recovery.
Any query, please ask.
Regards.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I have already had antibiotics for this and no indication from a blood test that any infection is present. I also am sure that this is not the case.

Expert:  Dr Su S replied 8 years ago.
Yes I have noticed that you had antibiotics, In case of chronic sinusitis antibiotics can be slow to act. The other causes can be a brain or eye disorder, without examination by doctor or scan it will be dfficult to predict.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
this is not specific to one eye , so if it were an eye disorder I asume it would be specific to one or the other. However the pain is not constant, and as mentioned blood tests showed no indication of any infections. The main symptom I have is the Hot eyes and face - ie they feel sunburnt continually and gets worse through the day. This is my main issue not the sinuses. Thanks
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 8 years ago.
Is there any redness or rashes ? or just feeling?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Just Feeling and my face itself does not feel hot to touch
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 8 years ago.
Feeling of hotness is due to any inflammation or from any nerve stimulation. The most common cause of such inflammation here is sinus.. In chronic infection there can be no significant change of blood . If the sinus infection is excluded then it can come from nerve stimuli.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Ok - Can you ellaborate more on the Nerve Stimuli and the possible reasons? Also - I know this sounds bizarre, but this all started after I had been doing some work in the house, which included tiling and knocking down of walls. Can there be any link to possiblw inhalatyion through the nose of cement dust or similar that may cause the above?
Expert:  Dr Su S replied 8 years ago.
In your case it is difficult to come to a conclusion of nerve stimulation without examination as you are feeling it on both sides. Had it been on one side it can come like trigeminal neuralgia, or migraine. Regarding inhalation of dust , dust can cause irritation of nasal mucosa or sinuses or it can cause allergy. If the exposure to dust ceases then the allergy should subside.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Have you heard of similar cases and their conclusions?

Expert:  Dr Su S replied 8 years ago.
Most of the cases which I have seen in my practice of so many years with similar symptoms came out as chronic sinusitis.