palashm
palashm,
1771736

What could cause my penis to burn after sexual intercourse?

My penis burns after sexual intercourse for about 30 minutes until I force myself to urinate about five times and has progressively got worse.

Category: Medical
Expert:  palashm replied 9 years ago.

The commonest cause of such burning sensation after urination is that, after ejaculation, some amount of semen remains behind in your urethra. Semen clots up after ejaculation, it then again breaks up within five minutes. If you urinate before this, your urine will force out a clump of semen causing some injury to the urethra. This causes a stinging/burning sensation, which appears slightly relieved by urination but again gets bad. The acidity of the urine further compounds this. This gets relieved if you give it rest for some time.

This becomes a vicious cycle, every time you ejaculate, the stinging will start again and then you will feel the need to urinate, and this will again start the cycle.

You will need to break the cycle, try not to urinate till at least 15 minutes after ejaculation. Also take urinary alkalisers like Bicitra or citrolith 2-3 tsf twice daily for about five days, this will give relief. Once the cycle is broken, you should not have the sensation again. After this, don't urinate again after ejaculation for at least 15 minutes after ejaculation.

The second cause, if you have had unprotected sexual intercourse, is a Sexually Transmitted Infection like chlamydia or gonorrhea, this will also cause such burning. If this is a possible cause, then you need to approach a doctor for tests to rule out these STI.

I hope this answer was helpful. If you need more information, feel free to ask.