ALT level is 52 and GGT level is 83. What does it mean?

What does it mean when my ALT level is 52 and my GGT level is 83? I am a 52-year-old female.

ALT is alanine aminotransferase or SGPT which is found only in the liver. High levels of ALT in the blood is a sign that there could be liver inflammation or liver damage. The normal range of ALT levels is between 5 IU/L to 60 IU/L (International Units per Liter). Your level is 52 which means your liver is most likely normal.

GGT is gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase which is found in the liver. Obesity, primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC), alcoholism, fatty liver, and some toxic medications and herbs can cause GGT levels to rise. The normal range of GGT is from 5 IU/L to 80 IU/L. Your level is 83 which is high-normal which means your liver is most likely normal although it is on the borderline of possibly becoming elevated if you consume toxins e.g. alcohol or certain medications or herbs.