Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Tighten right rear reflector it is lose and rattles, I know

Customer Question

tighten right rear reflector it is lose and rattles
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: I know the right rear reflector is lose I can wiggle it how do I tighten it on my 2014 CX-5
JA: Are you fixing your CX-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried to feel around and see how it is attached but can't feel anythin do no really want to take whole bumbper assembly off
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that tit
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

Sorry no one has helped so far, others may have thought this was a hard concern to address online. I believe I can help if help is still needed. Just reply and let me know.

Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I still need help I haven't received an answer. The right side rear reflector has come lose and I haven't been able to figure out how it is held in place. How do you put it back in place so it does not shake/move around.

Here is a diagram showing how the rear reflector is secured and held to the bumper. https://www.dropbox.com/s/bxfynhlrmyy4bs6/reflector.pdf?dl=0

If the screws are tight then that is not to blame. You may need to add some clear silicone around the reflector to make it hold tighter.

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris