Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

I have a 2001 Mazda Tribute that I cannot get the brake

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Mazda Tribute that I cannot get the brake light to go off on and the master cylinder has been replaced as well as the sensor to the brake fluid container.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: We completely changed the fluid and bleed the brakes and yes the container is full
JA: Are you fixing your Tribute yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Folsom Lake Ford did the master cylinder fluid change and bleed the brakes but they could not get the brake light to go off so I had another mechanic change the sensor to the brake fluid container
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have been told this is a very common problem with the Mazda Tribute and the Ford Escape but I am giving this car to my daughter and it is the only indicator light that is still a concern
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 4 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

i would think your problem here is the brake pedal switch above the brake pedal

Parts InformationOEM Part #Price

Brake Light Switch

Stoplamp Switch

EC0166490B $23.79

Labor InformationSkill LevelMfg. WarrantyStandard

Replace

B 0.0 - 0.4 hours labor

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0j5hlcen7nomg4o/0107-tribute-BRAKE%20PEDAL%20POSITION.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/0j5hlcen7nomg4o/0107-tribute-BRAKE%20PEDAL%20POSITION.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will have my mechanic look into this today and I will get back to you

ok

thanks