Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Smells like it runs excessively and runs rough but the plugs

Customer Question

smells like it runs excessively rich and runs rough but the plugs look like a lean condition
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 91 mazda b2600i
JA: Are you fixing your B2600i yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes maf plugs wires cap rotor and ecm found no vaccum leaks
JA: Most cars have two fuse panels. Which are you looking for -- under the dash or under the hood?
Customer: my truck only has 1 fuse panel
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats about it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I depend on your input to my questions so I can help you better. I read your question and notes what you have tried so far. I have a question before we start, have you put a code reader on it to see if there is any codes? It might be a wise move to put a scanner on it to read all the perimeters.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I HAVE THE OLD SNAP ON BRICK THE VEHICLE HAS NO CODES AND DO TO IT BEING A 91 I HAVE YET TO FIND A SCANNER THAT READS PIN PERIMETERS

Did you ask a dealer if they have a scanner that will do that as we do in our shop

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
YOU HAVE A SCANNER THAT READS PIDS ON A 91 MAZDA?

Factory scanner

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK WELL I DONT HAVE ACCESS TO ONE THE MAZDA DEALER IN TOWN SAYS THIER NEW COMPUTER BASED SCANNERS WILL NOT READ MY VEHICLE ITS TO OLD

Ok that would have made it easier, did you check the ECU thermo sensor/ IT LOOKS LIKE THE TEMP SENSOR yOU CAN CHECK THAT BY REMOVING IT AND PLACING INTO HOT WATER AND CHECKING THE RESISTANCE MOVE .