Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

Was driving yesterday ...cut off at light and will not

Customer Question

was driving yesterday ...cut off at light and will not start...cranks over but wont start
JA: Have you checked the engine's fuel supply? And the spark plugs -- are they all working?
Customer: getting fuel out of fuel damper and fuel pump..wires and coils new...fuel filter new
JA: What is the model/year of your Mazda?
Customer: 02 miata
JA: Are you fixing your Miata yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes...check to see if its getting fuel
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

In order for the engine to start and run you need good spark to the spark plugs, injector pulse at the injectors , proper fuel pressure and good compression. Can you check each one of these things to determine which one you are lacking and post back with this and we can work from there to help you determine the cause.