Drew
Drew, Super Mazda Tech.
Experience:  19 yrs. experience. Mazda Senior Certified Tech, with Ford, Linc. & Merc. experience. ASE L1 Advanced Certified Master Tech.
49548721

2005 rx8. Heater is inconsistent. Will work fine then the

Customer Question

2005 rx8. Heater is inconsistent. Will work fine then the next moment the air will turn cold. Just changed the thermostat. What else could it be?
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: No evidence of a coolant leak but I will check the coolant level. Thank you.
JA: Are you fixing your RX-8 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. I took it into a mechanic and of course the problem never presented itself while they had it so I rolled the dice that it was the thermostat and had them replace it. I have noticed that the a/c will be on when we start the car. Not sure if that is related or not.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That about sums it up.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  FIX IT MAN replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** the heater working before the thermostat was replaced?