david craig
david craig, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive
4993992

I have a 2007 Mazda CX7 and I replaced the temperature

I have a 2007 Mazda CX7 and I replaced the temperature sensor and all seemed ok. Now the temperature gauge goes to high as soon as I start down the road however I get no hot air out of the vents with heater on.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. are you getting a check engine light with the high temp reading?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not yet. I assume that is due to the fact when you disconnect the battery the computer resets and no code have registered yet. I could drive it for a bit and see what happens.

not necessary

how long ago did you replace the sensor?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Saturday. I replaced 1 ignition coil, temp sensor and camshaft position sensor as the codes said to.

and so far the check engine light is off. do you remember the code for the temp sensor?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Honestly I cannot remember and I tossed the report away from the repair place.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is weird that it goes high very shortly after we start moving. Could it be the thermostat?

how long after you started moving?

if your coolant is full in the radiator and reservoir. start the vehicle and let it run just sitting there and tell me what it does.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry for the delay as I needed to test. Your trigger on the coolant in the radiator made me look there and I believe that it was empty. I had only poured coolant into what I believe to be called the overflow reservoir. I filled the radiator with 70/30 mixture and let it run for awhile. The temp came up to normal and then I drove it for 10 minutes and during that an engine light came on. I took it to O'Reilly and it came up with P0012 as the error code.
In short the temp issue seemed to come from the coolant. The new code is whole other research item.

ok. well at least we have that over heat issue figured out. change your oil and filter. that may take care of the new code.

P0012 MAZDA - CMP Timing Over Retard Right side Possible causes - Dirty Oil - Low engine oil level - Variable cam timing actuator stuck in retard position - Timing belt jumped What does this mean? Possible symptoms - Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light) - Possible Lack/Loss of power - Possible Engine rough idle

just checking in to see how its going

please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating for me if you were satisfied with my assistance. if you need more help please let me know. thank you and have a great night

thanks