Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 2015 CR5. The engine does not seem to want to turn

Customer Question

I have a 2015 CR5. The engine does not seem to want to turn over on the 1st try and the AFS light stays that on, I have to press the AFS button off. I had the car serviced 2 weeks ago, they said they could not find anything wrong. The battery is fine.
JA: Does the engine spark at all? Is there a trouble code or is your "check engine light" on?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model of your '15 Mazda?
Customer: Cr5 2014
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I had the 45k serviced at the dealership 2 week ago. I told them what was happening. They said nothing showed on the scan. I am worried about getting stranded if the engine decides not to turn over. I have never had to try to start the car more than once. It makes a funny sound. Not a clicking sound, but like a electronic squeak when it try's to start.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

• I am sorry no one has helped yet in return for the question fees you have already paid.
  • I believe I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
  • Can you do electrical diag? So far the starter or starter relay looks like a possible cause
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris