Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Question: Rough start in the morning. Have to continuously

Customer Question

Question:
Rough start in the morning. Have to continuously crank for up to 4 minutes to start. Some cylinders fire really hard but never kick in. The rest of the day it starts fine, even after sitting for a long time. This only happens in the mornings. Codes are typically 300, 301, and 303. I have replaced camshaft position censor and wires plugs, and coils. Problem still persists, have taken in several times, but no resolution. Will replace crank angle censor next. Any ideas/advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 18 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer .I value your input to my questions so I may help you better. The next thing I would do is swap the bad

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Swap the bad what?

injector to a good cylinder . this will determine if you have a bad injector . and that could be leaking down pressure over time as well.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Injectors all tested ok. Also, this is only a problem for the first start of the day be it 6am or 3 pm. The rest of the day starts fine after the first start. After a rough start at 6 am it can sit all day till 11pm or so and will start right up. But a few hours later in the morning back to grinding for 3 to 4 minutes
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 17 days ago.

I realize that but was looking at those codes which indicates a misfire. in cylinders #1 & 3. Just a question? How did you determine all the injectors were good?