sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Oh the battery drained.. nav system blanked out.... dealer

Customer Question

oh the battery drained.. nav system blanked out.... dealer could not fix and sd the reaplcement is 9,100.00 lol
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: battery is fine
JA: What is the model of your '00 Mazda?
Customer: 2011 cx-9 GT
JA: Are you fixing your CX-9 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just back from dealer today for an unrelated recall issue... they attemped to fix nav could not I disconnected battery.. pumoed brakes, reconnected..... still no go that was a suggestion online I read... as others have had this issue..
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not really.....
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Mazda
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 17 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the radio isn't working it's either due to a loss of power or ground to it or an internal failure. A wiring issue is possible but if fuses are good and this started after a battery issue then an internal radio failure is definitely the most likely cause.

The price is about double what I would expect for a replacement. Was there something other than the radio on the estimate?